Friday, July 30, 2010

Buying Yakima DoubleDown 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack


Over All Rating Reviews :
The Yakima DoubleDown 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack is most likely the first and last bike rack I will ever own. When the box arrived at my door, it was stamped with Yakima's "Love it till you leave it" guarantee. Right out of the box, it was simple to assemble with easy to follow directions in both English and Spanish - and as I found out later, you can also download the assembly instructions via PDF document (in case they are misplaced) on Yakima's Web site. The tongue adapter allows you to connect the bike rack to a 2 inch receiver/hitch, but since I have a smaller, 1.25 inch mount, all I had to do was remove one screw to slide off the hard-shell outer casing. From assembly to mounting, it took me just over 20 minutes to get it all done. The best part, when bikes aren't attached, is that I can release a locking pin to access the rear hatchback door of my Ford Escape SUV. Also, the supportive upper arm folds down when the rack is not in use.

The only reason I did not give this product the full five star rating is because although the unit is secure, it's just a little top heavy when it is attached to the vehicle but not carrying any bikes. Finally, the DoubleDown 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack is meant to support two bikes at a time - more realistically at all times. With two bikes on the rack, it prevents excess sway of the front handlebars and bike tires. Since I only have my bike to support, I have fixed this problem by purchasing a couple of nylon elastic stretch bands to help prevent this swaying motion. This has worked well. With two bikes on the rack, however, I don't believe I would have this issue.

To end on a positive note, as long as you have it mounted correctly and tightly, the rack with bike(s) attached handles well at highway speeds in excess of 70MPH. Overall this is a great product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a fairly priced hitch mount that is built to last.
Get more detail about Yakima DoubleDown 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack.


!: Louis Raphael ROSSO Mens Poly Viscose Super 150S Luxe Twill Hidden Extension Flat Front Dress Pant !1!: Best Cheap Price Products and Free Shipping! !1!: Best Computer Free Shipping Today ! !1!: Promotional Bags on Sale!







No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。