Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Best places to buy Swagman XC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (2-Inch Receiver)


Over All Rating Reviews :
I just purchased one of these along with the locking 5/8 hitch pin in what I thought was a nice package. However, now that I've actually received the rack the combination is useless. They have changed the design of the attachment to the hitch. Instead of a standard 5/8 pin, it uses a proprietary threaded bolt which is too small to allow the use of a hitch pin. The advantage is that the rack can be attached tightly to the hitch. The (major) disadvantage is that it now requires a wrench to install and remove. Had I known this I probably would have bought a different model, and definitely not bought the locking pin. When I called Swagman to complain they tried to blame Amazon for having outdated information. However, Swagman's own support website has the old design in the instructions, which do not match the product I received. The representative tried to convince me it was an improvement, I don't agree.

UPDATE:

I contacted Swagman again about my concerns and they sent me an old style connector bar for free. Kudos to them for great customer service, if I could I would add another star to my rating. However, my concerns above about the new design are still an issue. As I mentioned, it now requires a wrench to install/remove. Also, as mentioned in another review the threads on the hitch pin don't seem to operate smoothly out of the box. If they were to become damaged (seems quite possible) then you would not be able to use the rack at all. I understand what they were trying for with the new design, but it seems like change for the sake of change rather than a true improvement.
Get more detail about Swagman XC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (2-Inch Receiver).


!: Satin Dress Right Now !1!: Best Cheap Price Products and Free Shipping!







No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。